Friday, October 31, 2014

Cambodia part2: Siem Reap, Angkor Wat and other temples

Sad times, last stop on my journey: charming town Siem Reap and beautiful huge complex of temples on top with majestic Angkor Wat:

River floating through the centre of Siem Reap

The Pub street

Siem Reap was flooded with night markets

Few local guys showing off their fancy footwork by shuttlecock kicking

On a beautiful day I rented out a bicycle and did a ride around the temples.. I was totally amazed. This picture is from the first temple I visited - Ta Prohm (famous for appearance in Tomb Raider)

The east gate to the Angkor Thom village

The royal palace temple in Angkor Thom

And the view from the top of it...

The Bayon temple

Detail on one of the plenty smiling buddha faces inside Bayon

The south gate. On my way to Angkor Wat...

Three young monks heading for a prayer to Angkor Wat

And the best for last: majestic Angkor Wat at sunset

So, after few problems (missing my connection flight or losing my baggage in Oslo) I got back home.. After few days it already feels like I've never left... It definitely is a very strange feeling. Currently I'm lying with terrible flu in my bed 3 days in a row and trying to get back to life. Wish me luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment