Monday, May 12, 2014

Queenstown - enjoying the beauty with never-ending hangover

Queenstown. Finally I got here. I never met anyone who would say something different than superlatives about this place. And after spending my first week here I will need to do the same... The location of QT is just incredible - placed on a beautiful lake in a shape of letter S and surrounded by mountains on every side. But the location is not where it ends.. By QT being the mecca of the adrenaline sports in NZ, the town is full of young people, which obviously means lots of bars and clubs and any kind of sport/adrenaline/fun activities...   

QT from above. And nice demonstration why the Maori name for NZ is Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud). :)

View to the other side of the valley - NW direction.

QT town centre. Really small, but neat. And quite busy (for NZ and considering that it is between summer and winter season). After 2 days spent in QT I thought I could live here, but after 2 another days I was sure I definitely shouldn't (I guess the temptation of the bars being busy everyday and offering free drinks is just too strong for me to live normal life here :))

In QT I met many friends with who I spent summer in Mt. Maunganui. Unfortunately, only the guys made it to this group picture as it was done after the very dangerous luge race :))

The Luge track - quite sure there is not many kart racing tracks with this kind of view in the world..

1 week felt like 2 days (probably caused by the nonstop party) and I already need to leave. I'm starting my work in the Mt. Dobson ski-resort tomorrow for few weeks, but then I will definitely be back to QT for some more fun... 

I'm sorry that there are no more pictures to show.. The reason is that we only made it out two times during the daylight :D. The rest of the days was either bad weather or we spent it hungover in the hostel. Anyways, it was beautiful to see QT and to see the "old" friends and I'm already looking forward to come back...


No comments:

Post a Comment