Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter "business" trip

This year's Easter for me down here was just about 2 paid days-off added to the regular weekend. No rabbits, eggs, beating girls or any other (more or less weird) easter tradition... 4 days off sounded perfect for getting out of the town and doing a small trip. With few colleagues we had a plan to go camping to Banks peninsula, but after heavy rain during Thursday and Friday the only access road there was flooded and unaccessibble.. So for Friday and Saturday I was stuck in Christchurch and on Sunday I went for a little exploration "business" trip down South to the mountains where I had an interview in one skiing resort (I'm trying to find a job in the mountains for the winter). The interview went quite good and I might get a job here, but nothing is definite yet and I need to wait few more weeks for the final decision..

Few pictures (first part from New Brighton, second part from the trip to Fairlie):
      
We had some carousels coming to New Brighton for Easter. Unfortunatelly not used too much at the time when I made the picture (Saturday morning). But luckily the weather got much better after that so the kids could have some fun. 

  
Run in the morning gloom

Sky is getting clearer, waves are breaking - all is good...

Lake Pukaki - lake with a view on Aoraki/Mt Cook (highest NZ mountain). However I could just picture the Mt Cook in my imagination as the clouds had no mercy with me and didn't want to show it.. So you can try to picture a massive (3700m) peak right in the middle of this picture as well... Or google it ;)
 
Lake Tekapo - another alpine  lake.. This time with better visibility

Autumn arrived  to New Zealand..  @ lake Tekapo
 
Chapel  at lake Tekapo
 
Sunset at the camp where I was sleeping the night before the interview (the interview was at 9AM on Easter Monday). The highest peak on the picture is Mt Dobson - the skiing resort where I might get a job is located here.


The next plans are to stay in Christchurch for 2 more weeks, try to save some more money and then proceed further South to see some more mountains before the winter comes and try to get a job for the winter season!   



No comments:

Post a Comment